Sunday, May 01, 2005

The pressure is on…

Yep…as soon as I decided to turn my blog into writing-related topics, my idea well dried up. Not a drip…not a drop…instead it became: What to blog…what to blog...that is the question. And so…nothing was blogged (for nine days and counting! I understand!). So forget that idea. We are returning to our original babblings of life with a few writing topics thrown in here and there for fun!

Haven’t been up to much mischief this past week but here are a couple of updates.

The roof does indeed appear to be fixed! It never rains in Southern California after mid-April…but Mother Nature finally decided that I deserved a break. It rained (and I actually welcomed it even though driving was a nightmare…took me two hours to get to work and I won’t even regale you with the bus experience!…well, maybe down below!) twice in the last week. We got over an inch and a half…and no sign of water in the house! Woo Hoo! Next step: getting the ceiling fixed. Mr. Ceiling Guy is scheduled to start the work next Wednesday. It will take four trips…ugh… but with any luck, that nightmare will soon become a trauma of the past. Then we can see if the microwave still works and either get a new stove or just a new knob, and finally move on to getting the sliding glass window replaced… and then begin the repairs on the yard drainage…it never ends, this home ownership responsibility…

A new batch of baby spiders hatched this past week, and they are merrily spinning new webs on top of the old cobwebs. And the dust bunnies still rule! They are ignoring the latest eviction warning they received a few weeks ago…and with good cause…since booting their butts is still on the ever growing list of things to do...without fail...someday.

I signed up for Charlotte Dillion’s writing challenge…and have only written a couple of pages. Not good. Not good at all when one (hmmm…me…) committed to writing 25 pages a week. Can we say “schmuck”? Yes, we can…just kinda hate it when we are saying to “me”…

Have some things to say about The Runaway Bride, crit groups, the erotica-romantica-romance controversy beginning to move from a simmer to a boil, oh, and the bus story, but I really need to switch the laundry to the dryer and straighten the kitchen and turn on the dishwasher and pay some bills… See! Now you know why I haven’t blogged in nine days!

5 comments:

That wasn't so hard. Now, Randy can keep you on her blog friend list. Which I would have, too if I knew how to make one, which I don't. I'm just not a technocrat anymore. Old age.

Bravo! See how easy that was? Consider yourself officially notified of a one-week extension on my friends links ;o)

LOL! What?? There is a deadline? One must blog a certain number of times in a certain space of time or be...HORRORS!...deleted...banished...dropped from the Link List??? Oh my...I am just not sure I can deal with the stress of it all...

Randy is way too kind hearted to cut you off if you don't blog every week, maybe?

Thanks for the compliment: I look like a writer. The dog got several compliments, blog and off blog, but I think yours were the closest to one for me.

If it makes you feel better...I will keep you on my links no matter the number of days...but that is because I get lazy with blogging too!
~Charity