Sunday, December 02, 2007

I'm a Finalist!...

It's now official because the list has been posted on various RWA chapter loops and my name is actually there! I didn't mis-read the email! I am absolutely thrilled!

Okay, let me start from the beginning...

I entered the New England Chapter's First Kiss Contest... and... I finalled! It is such a wonderful feeling! Especially since I love the manuscript. Now my entry is on its way with the five other fnalists to editor Beth de Guzman (Grand Central Publishing) who is choosing the winners.

Here's wishing all of us the best of luck!

Woo Hoo! I'm a finalist in the First Kiss Contest! Woo Hoo again, just for good measure!

6 comments:

Yay!!! Congrats!!! What is it about?? I am very happy for you :)

Good going, Brooke. Means you are writing stuff.

And thanks for posting part two. Your surroundings do get re-covered as nature rebuilds itself. Probably something that happened there more often in the past than now.

Haven't been around the blogs much these days, but I'm glad I caught this entry! Woo-hoo! Congratulations, Brooke - I'm SO proud of you!

YIPPEEEEEEEEE! Sooooooo cool! Best of luck in the final stretch!

Fingers Crossed for you Brooke! And kudos to you for getting your work out there. That takes guts.

It's part of my 2008 Goals to submit, submit, submit. Contests, queries, short stories - whatever! I certainly won't sell what just sits in my computer. :)

WAY TO GO, BROOKE, I knew you could do it. Hope you win and go on to bigger and better things. And I am so happy that you were not burned out. That was so horrible for so many people. Are you still in RJ? Haven't seen or heard anything from you for quite a while.