Sunday, May 14, 2006

Anybody got the time...

I love clocks! Any kind of clock. Grandfather, coo-coo, digital, fancy, plain. Heck, I even LOVE the song, CLOCKS, by Coldplay! About the only exception to this list would be alarm clocks. Those, while they probably serve a very useful purpose, can just go.

I personally have no less than 12 clocks scattered throughout my home. And probably have about four wristwatches that actually work, and another three or four that need the battery replaced.

So, you are probably thinking that I always know the time. And you'd be correct...I can almost always tell you within 10-15 minutes what the time is. Oh, it's not cuz I am constantly looking at all these clocks. As a matter of fact, any one who knows me will gleefully tell you that I am always a couple minutes (at least...sometimes more, I admit it...) behind schedule.

But see...there is a very good reason for this. Not one of the clocks I own is synchronized. And to make matters worse, I don't think even ONE of them actually has the correct time. Yes...they are all within a few minutes of being correct. But even my one clock that is supposed to be anatomically (hmm...that's not the right word...you know...be able to reset itself based on the GMT clock...) correct is four minutes fast.

The clock is my car is fifteen minutes fast. I used to try and correct it, but it kept creeping up until it'd hit that magic 15-minute-fast mark and then hold. I let it win. The clock in my bath is twelve minutes fast.

Lest you begin to think all my clocks are fast, let me reassure you, they are not. Case in point: I am currently looking at four clocks... one says 56 minutes after the hour, one says, 57 minutes after the hour, and a third says 58 minutes after. Hmmm...the fourth one appears to have given up the competition and has stopped. Guess I'll add a new battery to my grocery list...

With the way time whizzes by anyway, do I really need all these clocks to make me more aware of it? Or...is it because I have all these clocks, that I know how fast it goes by even though I can't do a thing to slow it down...

4 comments:

Some people collect stamps, you collect clocks. Nothing wrong with that! Of course, stamps don't keep reminding you that it's getting closer to time to go to work...

You blogged again, wow. If you get a clock tied to your phone line, it keeps good time.

Did you count the clock on your cell phone?? My clocks are always different. And I never change the clock in my car with the time change. I had to give my controller a ride back to the office one time and it drove her crazy so she changed it.. haha My watch is always set 10 minutes ahead so I won't be late.

LOLOLOL!!!!! I don't have a clock on my cell phone!!!!! And that's pretty funny for a woman who has clocks in every room...some rooms have MORE than one...to not have one there, huh...

Oh well...that's one of the reasons I am so darned cute!