Sunday, May 21, 2006

Four Peeves...

Yep, I could go on and on...and on some more about all the things that bug me. But, so you won't fall into a deep coma while reading away, I shall limit them...this blog entry anyways...to just four. Ready? Good! Here we go! Oh, by the way, they are not in any particular order. They all bug me about the same...which would be a lot since I'm devoting an entire blog entry to them! Now we are going!

Number 1... The way the local TV news has teasers about stories that sound VERY interesting and then runs them not just at 11PM but at 11:25PM...and THEN! tell you nothing that you didn't already know! Like about pillows. I stayed awake until 11:25 to find out that it doesn't matter the price of the pillow...you pick what you like. Well, NEWS FLASH here! That's the problem! What criteria do I use to find what I like? The teaser said: Learn how to buy a pillow...does price matter? Did they tell me that? Nope...all they told me was that some people like expensive pillows...some like the cheaper $8 ones. Well, duh! That's why they make pillows in all price ranges...

Number 2... People who cut in front of me and then poke along. This peeve actually encompasses a lot. People who rush up to the ATM machine...and then stand there for minutes on end while the line backs up behind them. Then they don't even apologize for hogging the machine. Or in the grocery store... They rush up to the line...only to either have 23 coupons or not enough money or a declined credit card. Or people in cars who pull out in front of me only to poke along at 20 miles per hour under the speed limit. Gads...if you could haul ass from a dead stop to cut in front of me, then for goodness sake, put the pedal to the metal, and haul ass down the road.

Number 3... People who make my phone ring and then hang up when they hear my voice. Fine...ya dialed a wrong number. At least say: Sorry...I dialed a wrong number. Don't just leave me with dead air after I went running to pick you up.

Number 4... Buying eggs. Man...you go through carton after carton and there's always at least one or two broken before you find one that has all twelve (or eighteen in my case) that are fine. Then when the checker rings them up...they practically toss them to the bagger, who drops them into the sack only to put the bottle of V8 juice on top. Can you tell I went grocery shopping to my favorite store today?

Okay...that's four. And you know what? Four was just about enough. I really didn't have any more that I could think of offhand. That's not so bad. Then again...try me tomorrow! I bet I can come up with another four...

4 comments:

haha... I love the news one and the turd who runs to the line in front of you... Never fails. I always get the one who wants to count out 42 pennies to lighten the load in her purse.

Or, or, or...are a couple of dollars short!

The other one I love (hee, hee, my other favorite weekend "chore" are the guys that come hauling into the gas station and go against traffic to the pumps...or don't pull all the way forward, so they are at the last pump..and the two in front of them stand alone...

Grrrrr... LOL... I could probably come up with 20 peeves today... Alas.. I shan't go there!

I'm going grocery shopping today, which normally results in my wanting to run several people over with my cart by the time I get out of the store. Several peeves there, but the biggest is people just being plain rude these days. Manners are a thing of the past, I'm afraid.

I can identify with all your peeves, Brooke. The cutting in front and the phone thing are big ones for me too. We get so many calls like that at work, and I wish I had caller ID so I could call them back and yell, "why didn't you at least say you had dialed the wrong number, you twit?" Hm, then again, perhaps it's good that I don't have caller ID there...

Or how about the dog walker who lets the dog go potty in your yard and leaves it there... Had that this morning. I am debating on shoveling it back into their yard but they are pretty wacky.. I could mail it to them anonymously.