Monday, September 04, 2006

Blog Post Follow-ups...

Been doin' a lot of cleaning and organizing and tossing away around the house lately, so I thought now might be a good time to follow-up on some previous blog topics.

Number 1: Roof, Ceiling, Yard Drainage...

As you may remember, the roof and ceiling were fixed last year, and to date the waterfall in the kitchen is becoming a distant, nightmarish memory. However, it seems the light fixture in the kitchen may be a casualty after all. After putting in two sets of new bulbs, I am still without light in there. Must say, it does make cooking and cleaning at night a tad difficult. Gonna have to have that resolved as the end of daylight savings time is fast approaching...remember, home repairs seem to take months and months and months....

The drainage repair is complete and the new landscaping is about 85% done. I have grass!!!!! Beautiful green grass!!!!! Lush perfect green grass...that I noticed some weeds in today!!!! ACK!!!! And lemme tell ya...I'd better NOT be seein' any gopher holes out there....

Number 2: Pomegranate Juice...

I may have been a bit hasty on my decision to never taste the stuff again. After searching high and low for pomegranate pills, to no avail, I learned that Landers has Pomegranate/Cranberry Juice. Now I LOVE cranberry juice. Have been a fan of it for years. So I nervously bought a bottle of the one with pomegranate juice mixed in. And guess what??? Yes!!!! It's awesome!!!! I LOVE it! Even more than the straight cranberry juice. And mixing it with vodka...wow!!! Now there's a drink that'll be showing up on the bar circuit soon! Especially with a tad of peach water mixed in... Seriously, I have altered my opinion on pomegranate juice enough to seriously consider that Dumb, Awful Alberston's may have sold me a bad bottle.

Number 3: Highlander Woes...

Well, the other night I go to get in my car to trek home. and... you got it...it won't start! At least the tow this time was only five miles so it was covered. I think Mr. Highlander must have liked riding on top of the tow truck looking down on all the other vehicles. The good news this time (well, except for the bill!) was they found the problem and fixed it. Can't believe how much better Mr. Highlander runs now that he's all fixed up with a new idle air-control valve. And since he hasn't been washed since the first tow-truck experience, I can now have that chore back again. But not too soon... courtesy of Toyota, he had a bath before he was returned to me. Guess Toyota doesn't like to see their cars running around a filthy brown color...

So...that's life in Brooke-World at the moment. We now return to cleaning, organizing, and throwing out of...of... stuff. Stay tuned...

6 comments:

It's good to have so many things fixed, with the added bonus of finding a pomegranate juice blend that you like! Now, you're sure that wasn't just the vodka making it palatable? ;)

It's wonderful that things are smoothing out, and I hope life continues to go smoothly for you!

No, no...it's great straight...all by itself! Really! Truly!

hmmm vodka with parmegranate juice. I will have to try that. Cape Coder with a twist. LOL

Sounds like you are fall cleaning. I must be way behind because I still haven't done the Spring cleaning yet.

LOLOLOL!!!!! That's why I'm doing Fall Cleaning! Never did the spring this year either...so I've just renamed it!

I can do that! I am Woman! Hear me roar! ERRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Oh listen to her roar! (Sure, she's all brave 'cause of the vodka!)

*ducking and running*

Ha! You all are just envious cuz I invented the new yummy drink and you want one, too!

ERRRRR!!!!!! BWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!