Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Let the Sheep Come In...

Ah, yes. Tonight is the first of two nights in a row of sleeping on a "Heavenly Bed". And, as you can probably tell, especially since the last two posts were devoted to the mysterious world of sleeping soundly, I am totally looking forward to the adventure.

My plans for the next two days are simple: arrive at Westin Hotel Number One. Check in as early as possible to gain the most time in the room for my expenditure of bucks as possible. Briefly poke around said room to admire all the amenities. Then...drum roll... indulge in an afternoon nap in the Heavenly Bed. Get up to take an amazingly long shower in the Heavenly Shower. Crawl back into Heavenly Bed for luxurious hours on end of a good night's sleep. Sadly, one must awaken no later than 4:30AM and abandon Room Number One to get to Westin Hotel Number Two in Seattle. (That 4:30AM wake-up call is just obscene in my book...but that's a whole other story...)

Upon arriving in Seattle, the plan for the afternoon is again simple. Arrive at Westin Hotel Number Two as early as possible...check out the room... another afternoon nap (hey! it's supposed to be raining in The Emerald City tomorrow!), another shower in the Heavenly Shower... and more sleeping! Fortunately Thursday morning brings no ungodly-hour wake-up calls.

Do I have sleeping on the brain? Maybe just a wee bit. Is this any way to start out a vacation? Well, it *is* my vacation...and I can do whatever I want, I say a bit petulantly... And no... I shall not be traveling from hotel to hotel and sleeping or showering the entire time. But the first two days...I am enjoying them to the max!

And...now... the subject of sleep is put to bed!

1 comments:

I certainly hope you had some good sleeps in those Heavenly Beds! I also hope the rest of your vacations was wonderful and relaxing - you deserve it!